Why Should Attend An Estate Planning Workshop?
Do any of those stories sound like you or a friend or loved one of yours:
- I’m worried about my mother. She’s growing older and doing OK, but her health seems to be declining a bit. I fear that she may one day need long-term care. I’m concerned about how she’s going to afford that care. I need to find out what I can do to plan ahead.
- My husband and I worked hard and saved and accumulated a modest measure of wealth over our lifetime together. We don’t want to lose it all if one of us winds up needing long-term care. I’ve read that, according to the government, over 70% of people over age 65 will wind up needing some type of long-term care before they die. If one of us winds up in the nursing home, what will be left for the other? We always hoped to be able to leave something for our kids, to make their lives easier. How can we protect our assets if one of us needs long-term care?
- We’re still in our forties and fifties. We think of estate planning as important for people much older than we are but if something should happen to either or both of us, even if only temporarily, who would manage our affairs? What, if any, planning should we be doing now?
If you would like to learn more, Sam invites you to attend one of our free workshops. He covers a variety of topics including how to avoid losing control when something happens, the difference between a will and a trust, different types of trusts, how to protect your assets from creditors, predators and the high cost of long-term care; and how to qualify for VA benefits and Medicaid, among others. He uses stories and examples to explain and simplify what might otherwise seem complex and to dispel the myths that sometimes lead people to make costly mistakes.
What Should I Expect?
- There is no obligation to attend the workshop or to follow up with Sam after the workshop. You will have the opportunity to tell him either way, whether or not you wish to speak with him further. He will respect your decision.
- You can expect that every workshop will be presented by an attorney.
- You will not be asked to share intimate details of your life or your current family situation.
- Sam does his best to make the presentations interactive and fun. The time will fly by! You may be asked if you have a question or topic that you would like further clarification of to help you better understand.
Upcoming Estate Planning Workshops
Call 440-783-7293 or send an email to learn more.