At Butcher Elder law, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As estate planning and elder law attorneys, our practice is dedicated to serving our most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, those who are ill, disabled, experiencing mental health challenges and children with special needs. Because of that, we are considered an essential business and will remain open during this crisis.
Here are the precautionary steps we’ve put in place to continue to operate safely and effectively during this time:
AT OUR OFFICE
- Team training on current recommendations for preventive health and safety has been completed with all associates to ensure they are well-versed and adherent to best practices.
- We have installed hand sanitizer stations in our lobby and conference room.
- We are frequently sanitizing high volume areas such as doorknobs, conference room tables, and communal spaces after every client meeting.
- Team members who are not well, are required to stay home.
- We are keeping our distance to show you we care. Our large conference room offers plenty of space for social distancing.
- We are monitoring and are poised to adapt quickly to any guidance or requests from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of health.
We have heard from many people who want to talk to us about creating a will, trust, power of attorney, healthcare directive – just in case, but they need more flexible options for meeting with us. You may opt to have your consultation or review meeting via conference call, FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom.
We are here to help our clients at this critical time, that’s why we are offering to complete a complimentary Healthcare Power of Attorney and/or Living Will for anyone in need. Please CLICK HERE to complete a short contact form, and someone from our office will be in touch with you.
We also ask for your assistance to ensure the safety of others. If you are sick or symptomatic, please stay home.
ENSURE YOUR BASIC ESTATE PLANNING IS DONE AND UP TO DATE
Everyone should have these three basic documents, regardless of their wealth or health:
- Healthcare Power of Attorney. Allows your agent to make medical decisions for you (in consultation with your physicians) if you were unable to make those decisions for yourself. THIS IS ONE OF THE SERVICES WE ARE OFFERING FREE DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS.
- Power of Attorney for Property. Allows your agent to pay your bills and make other time-sensitive decisions during a period of your incapacity.
- HIPPA Release. Authorizes those you designate to access your protected health information.
Thank you for believing in the Mission of Butcher Elder Law, to create peace of mind with customized legal strategies for any life-changing event, including the COVID-19 pandemic. Our thoughts remain with those being hit hardest during this time. Please call our offices at 440-783-7293 and let us know how we can help.