Attorney Sam Butcher was put in the hot seat when he was interviewed by a team member at Butcher Elder Law. Questions ranging from favorite movies to cherished memories were the topics of discussion. We invite you to enjoy this insight as to what makes Sam tick!
1. What is your favorite part of being an Elder Law Attorney? “I truly enjoy meeting and working with the people who choose our firm and I have found it extremely gratifying helping seniors and their families prepare for a time when health declines and navigate the landscape when that happens.”
2. What do you like most about working in Strongsville, Ohio?
“I find Strongsville to be a very business-friendly community. We’ve been fortunate to establish relationships with several of the other businesses in the community including banks and several of the long-term care facilities. I live in North Royalton, so I have a short commute that I find refreshing after having maintained an office in downtown Cleveland for many years.”
3. When are you happiest at work? “When we have succeeded in helping our clients achieve the goals of their engagement with our firm, and when the outcome we achieve brings them the peace of mind that comes with the resolution of their matter.”
4. What characteristic do you most admire in others? “Honesty”
5. How do you recharge after a busy work week? “I enjoy spending time, sharing meals, and movie nights with family and close friends. My wife is a terrific cook and we also enjoy trying new restaurants. I enjoy taking in hometown sporting events and, when time permits, I like to relax along the trout stream with my fly rod.”</em>
6. What one memory do you most treasure? “I‘ve been blessed with many happy memories. Four stand out. The first three include my wedding day, the birth of my daughter, Bev, and the birth of my son, Rob. I also treasure a memory of going fishing with my father when I was a boy.”
7. What is your favorite movie of all time? “This is another difficult question! The best I can do is narrow it down to these three: It’s a Wonderful Life, Field of Dreams, and The Shawshank Redemption”
8. What is your favorite book of all time? “Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis. I have a print of C. S. Lewis (a Christmas gift from my wife and children) hanging in my office.”
9. What is your favorite NE Ohio restaurant? “I might just have to say Sokolowski’s University Inn. I’m a huge fan of the Beer Battered Lake Erie perch on Fridays.”
10. What is something interesting about you that most people would not know? “Some people find it interesting that I am also a Registered Pharmacist in Ohio, a background that has served me well throughout my legal career, and especially in working with seniors facing health challenges.”