Upcoming “The 7 Threats to Your Estate Plan” Workshops:
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M., Our Office
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., Our Office
- Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M., Our Office
Reservations are required for the Workshops as seating is limited.
Please call 440-268-8284 to reserve your seat today! Ask to speak to Ann.
Why Should I Attend?
- I’m worried about my mother. She’s growing older and doing okay, but her health seems to be declining a bit. I fear that she may one day need long term care. I’m concerned about how she’s going to afford that care. I need to find out what I can do to plan ahead.
- My husband and I worked hard and saved and accumulated a modest measure of wealth over our lifetime together. We don’t want to lose it all if one of us winds up needing long term care. I’ve read that, according to the government, over seventy percent of people over age 65 will wind up needing some type of long term care before they die. If one of us winds up in the nursing home, what will be left for the other? We always hoped to be able to leave something for our kids, to make their lives easier. How can we protect our assets if one of us needs long term care?
- We’re still in our forties and fifties. We think of estate planning as important for people much older than we are but if something should happen to either or both of us, even if only temporarily, who would manage our affairs? What, if any, planning should we be doing now?
Do any of those stories sound like you or a friend or loved one of yours? If you would like to learn more, we invite you to attend one of our free workshops. We cover a variety of topics including how to avoid losing control when something happens, the difference between a will and a trust, different types of trusts, how to protect your assets from creditors, predators, and the high cost of long term care; and How to qualify for VA Benefits and Medicaid. We use stories and examples to explain and simplify what might otherwise seem complex, and to dispel the myths that sometimes lead people to make costly mistakes.
What Should I Expect?
- There is no obligation to attend the workshop or to follow up with us after the workshop. You will have the opportunity to tell us either way, whether or not you wish to speak with us further. We promise to respect your decision.
- You can expect that every workshop will be presented by an attorney.
- We will not ask you to share intimate details of your life or your current family situation.
- We will do our best to make our presentations interactive and fun. The time will fly by! You may be asked if you have a question or topic that you would like further clarification of to help you better understand.
Upcoming Special Events
Check back for upcoming events!